Wow! The first nomination and it is a priceless moment for us. We are really happy. We want to sing, dance and thank our fellow blogger Traveltorgeir for nominating us for the Liebster award 2017. Ok! Now many of you will be curious to know about the Liebster award and its nomination. So, let me give you a brief introduction to it.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is an online award, given by fellow bloggers to other bloggers. There is no trophy involved in it and the award is simply passed on. It exists to acknowledge and introduce the newbie’s who are trying to lay their impressions in their personal areas of interest in the blogging and is also a medium to promote and support the fellow friends in the blogging community.
The word Liebster has German origin with several meanings: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart etc.
The Traveltorgeir is a passionate traveler who loves to travel. He cherishes his past journeys and keeps on planning for his next destinations. His favorite destinations are Amsterdam and Japan.
Traveltorgeir nominated me for the Liebster award and I will be passing this award to others, fellow bloggers. For accepting it one had to follow these rules and answer some of the questions.
Rules for the Liebster award
- Thanks to the person who nominated you and posts a link to their blog on your blog. (In this case, it will be AllGudThings)
- Create a post on your blog and display the Liebster award logo, to make others know that you are doing awesome in your area.
- Answer the 10 questions, your nominating blogger will be assigning you.
- Nominate 5 -11 blogs, that you feel deserve the Liebster award and have follower base less than 200.
- Give a set of 10 questions to your nominee bloggers for answering.
- List the rules in your post.
- Once you have published the post, notify your nominees, so that they can enjoy the award, continue the chain and nominate other bloggers.
- Post your Liebster award blog post link in the comments columns of the blogger who nominated you. (Here it will be AllGudThings)
My Answers to the Questions by Traveltorgeir
- What is your favorite thing about running a travel blog?
It is our prime asset. It represents us, what we love, do and is a mere collection of good times and memories.
- Do you prefer solo travel, traveling with a friend or to travel in a group? And why?
I prefer, No! No! I love traveling with my husband because that is the best quality time we spend together. We express ourselves, get to know each other more and we are happy with each other’s craziness.
- What is your favorite travel destination? And why?
We haven’t seen much of the world till now. But Yes! Out of all my destinations, I love my India because of the different cultures, people, mountains, beaches, terrains, food and everything. I say we have so many countries in one India.
- What is your best travel experience?
Seriously, it is very confusing to rate any experience as the best one. But still traveling to Spiti rates high on the list because it is a true Land of God; carved by the pristine force of nature and water. Despite traveling on the same terrains for a week, I used to find everytime everything new there. Isn’t that amazing?
- What is your worst travel experience?
Not; as such. But we really hate when a vehicle breaks down during our road trips. I remember once we were off to Uttarakhand by our car and had our vehicle breakdown twice. That was really a bad experience.
- What are three things you always bring with you when traveling?
I always carry my phone, daily essential kit with few first aid necessities and clothes.
- Do you keep a travel journal? Or do you have some other way of documenting your travels when on the road?
No, I am not in a habit of carrying travel journals. I do make a note of certain things in my notes app on the phone or try to capture a picture of the same.
- What is your advice to first-time travelers?
Travel with an open mind without any expectations, leave comfort at home and travel light. I honestly went with a backpack on my honeymoon.
- What is it about traveling that you love so much?
Travel has opened up my horizons for life and is continuously evolving me as a better human. I have learned how small yet large, our world is and have become more adjusting and patient. I love experiencing different cultures, traditions, food, drinks and meeting new people.
- How do you pick your travel destinations?
Destinations for us are really random. When we go for road trips in India, we just decide the route and never the location. But for International trips, we try to explore the destinations which are less touristy and have more beaches.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award
- Rekha Radhakrishnan – Theunconventionalgirl; who talks about solo traveling.
- Sara – Emboldenadventures, a New Yorker with a strong urge to see the world.
- Thy Doan – Temptedtotravel, a 26 years passionate girl, who quit her corporate job to fulfill her wanderlust.
- Stephanie Frias – 8duffels2mutts, tales of an expat family in Ecuador
- Kalyan Panja- Travtasy, who wants to make his life an endless journey and is always looking for unusual places out of the usual places.
- Parampara Patil Hashmi – Awaradiaries, believes in making bucket lists and wishful thinking.
- Purva Bhatia – Blueskydreamers, along with Abhinav believes in the magic of journeys.
- Snigdha Bhowmick– SaltsandSandals; focuses on a gamut of things (food & travel) that makes life interesting.
Here are the questions for our Nominees
- Please introduce your travel blog and what motivated you to start it?
- What set the path or inspires you to travel the world?
- Do you plan your trips? How do you handle the situation, if something goes against the planned itinerary?
- What is the craziest thing you have done during your travel?
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced while traveling?
- Which one you prefer as your travel destination (Beaches or Mountains) and why?
- What are your views on adventure travels?
- Do you believe in clicking a lot of pictures or living in the moment?
- How do you balance life on the road while staying healthy and fit?
- How can you make this world a better place?
To the nominees: We have selected you all by spending a lot of time and thoughts. We will be honored if you accept this as we did and take this loop ahead.
Once again big thanks to Traveltorgeir for nominating us and to all the nominees who will be accepting this award. We enjoy reading your words so please share your Liebster award blog links in the comment section. If any of you have any question feel free to ask us. Thank you!!