Finally, nature is at its best in North India and the first downpour has brought a big relief from the scorching summer heat. The moving clouds, thunderstorm, lightning; the changing skyline from orange, gray to dark makes the whole sky look so mystic. In fact, it seems that nature has finally used its magic wand to bless everyone. The fragrance of wet earth, the rain drops on leaves, cleansing of trees & shrubs, hazy misty weather, a breeze with rain drops caressing your face is what defines the perfect monsoon for us. And if there is a chance for the road trip during the rainy season, then it is exactly like frosting on the cake. Yes! We are talking about the monsoon road trips.
Monsoon road trips
As the June end’s or first week of July starts, we start thinking when and where to head for the monsoon road trips. Where never gets answered but we start chasing rains in North India, especially toward Hills of Himachal and Uttarakhand. The roads, trails, and nature start smiling with the showers and get a new life.
Here are few of the reasons why we say monsoon road trips are the best ones.
The rain is nature’s art and umbrella is my art. When I walk with it in the rains, I walk with a super art. I feel free to jump in the puddles and have some Chapak! Chapak moments!
It was raining and the car was sailing on the curvy roads to Kasauli from Chandigarh. But who could stop me and my smile from getting clicked with the colorful umbrella?
I cant let this storm pass away like that; I want to feel the breeze and mist on me. Its a rainyday. #travel #travels #travelblog #travelblogger #allgudthings #uttrakhand #rainyday #monsoon #colors #umbrellagirl #umbrella #friday #umbrellaplanet #travelphotography #picoftheday #photography #photogram #like4like #followforfollow #igers #wanderlust #explore #roadtrip #mytravelgram #traveling #travelersnotebook #traveler #travellife #india #raining
I never wanted this storm to pass like that, I wanted to get wet, feel the droplets and breeze. The way to Ranikhet in Uttarakhand was becoming so sensational.
Roads and Trails During Monsoon Road trips
The roads get washed and get a make over whereas the trails smell wonderful in the rainy days.
He said follow me as we walked up this trail and I did because he is worthy and the trail looks awesome – take me to the wonderland. This image was taken at Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary.
The valleys and Himalayan Villages look exceptional
The Himalayan Village, Kalpa is a heavenly abode and I think my words can’t do any justice to this image.
Over every mountain, there is a path and it passes silently without disturbing the mountains. The image was clicked on the way back from Valley View Homestay Ranikhet.
Trees get refreshed, flowers bloom and the Fragrance of pine and woods open up your senses.
The lush green meadows turn greener and they act as real tranquilizers. The picture is taken near the Mahadev Temple in Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary.
Spot a rainbow
Rainbow is always special but if you see a double rainbow along with the rains, it is astounding. See how it turns adults into kids. The very special moment captured by a fellow blogger Jitaditya Narzary; of The Travellingslacker at Manali.
Raindrops and Photography.
The rivers start gurgling and sometimes you can spot an amazing sun peaking through the clouds on the banks of rivers, giving sky it’s own shading.
The seasonal waterfalls are equally charming as the all time waterfalls.
.During rainy days, water is the real boss and landscapes, mountainscapes just have to obey. The picture was taken on the way to Kheerganga
We are sure these wonderful reasons and pictures might have lured you for the monsoon road trips but always remember the monsoon road trips are equally dangerous and need to be done with special cautions. You can also check the related posts 5 offbeat monsoon weekend getaways from Delhi and 5 places not to miss for monsoon road trip.
Do read the monsoon destinations in India, which should top your list.
Some precautions before taking Monsoon Road Trips
- The driving person needs to be fully attentive. His focus should be just on the road with both hands on the steering. Clicking photographs while driving should be a real No!
- Get your vehicle properly inspected before hitting the roads. If your tires have gone bald, get them replaced. Check for wipers too and get them changed if they have become brittle.
- Use headlights and taillights to get a clear view as well as to make your car visible to others.
- There are more chances of skidding on wet roads. So, drive slowly and maintain distance from the vehicles in front.
- Drive along the center of the road and preferably follow the vehicle going ahead.
- Park your vehicle away from trees as there is a chance of electrocution of trees during lightning which in turn can damage your own vehicle.
- If the weather condition and storm worsens, don’t try to push yourself and your vehicle. Stop your car on the side.
- Flooding can occur on the highways and other streets within minutes of downpour. Don’t try to drive through the flooded areas.
- Rainwater moistens the brake drums so the braking efficiency gets lowered. It is advisable to use the brake on and often. Also, keep the brakes well moistened.
- Avoid driving at night during rains.
If you like it please share it and let us know where are you heading next.